Benefits of Biochar
SkyCarbon Biochar has a Surface Area Correlation of 496 m2/g, making it an ideal home for microorganisms and water molecules as well as catalyst for biological processes.
Benefits for composting activities and agriculture
- Higher composting temperatures
- Reduced odour of pile
- Increased water/nutrient holding capacity in soil
- Increased mycorrhization in soil
- Increased nitrate retention
- Increased immune response in plants
- Reduced need for fertiliser use
Benefits for the environment
- Up to 40kg of climate impact per kg of biochar applied
- Scientifically recognized drawdown method
- Drastic reduction in nitrous oxide and methane emissions in the pile
- Continued reduction of nitrous oxide emission in soil
- Binding an immobilisation of pollutants
- Prevents particulate matter emissions as per open combustion.
- Offsets fossil fuel use.
Benefits of producing biochar as a part of green waste recycling projects
- Avoid trucking green waste over long distances burning diesel
- Get electricity and heat out of the green waste instead of just letting that value go up in smoke
- The production of biochar converts a waste stream into a value stream.